You can't have a party without awesome hors d'oeuvres, and I wanted something that looked fancy, tasted delicious and would be healthy.
Enter: delicious Cucmber Cups with Salmon Whip.
These Salmon Cups do come with a bit of prep, and an afternoon in the kitchen with my dear cousin getting the fruit kabobs, pita chips and spinach artichoke dip prepared made it easy.
I will definitely make these again for a special occasion!
You will need:
2 large English cucumbers
1/2 c. low-fat cottage cheese
1 Tbsp nonfat milk
4 scallions, white parts only, chopped
4 oz. thin-sliced smoked salmon
1/4 c. whipped cream chees
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
chopped fresh chives
1. In a food processor, add cottage cheese & milk until smooth.
2. Add scallions, salmon, cream cheese, lemon juice & pinch of white pepper. Process until smooth & creamy. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
3. While mixture is chilling, slice cucumber into 3/4-inch rounds. Get rid of the ends.
4. Use the small end of a melon baller to scoop out the flesh of each cucumber round to form your cups.
5. Fill cucumber cups with 2 tsp. of the salmon whip. Arrange diced chives to garnish.
Refrigerate until ready to serve, up to an hour.
Be prepared to give out this recipe! It's sure to impress.