It's best when you allow the berries to soak overnight in the Orange Liqueur mixture.
You will need:
1 pint each: strawberries, blueberries, blackberries
1/4 c. Orange juice
1/4 c. Orange liqueur, like Patron Citronge
1/4 c. Sugar in-the-raw or granulated sugar
2 loaves pound cake or angel food cake- I used pre-made strawberry angel food cake
1 package Jell-O Instant Sugar-free vanilla pudding
2 c. cold skim milk
2 c. heavy whipping cream
1/2 c. powdered sugar: more or less to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sweetened cocoa powder for garnish, if desired
2. Rinse blueberries & blackberries, then add to strawberries. Set aside a few of each for garnish.
3. Add OJ, liqueur and sugar-in-the-raw and gently toss berries to mix. Cover and refrigerate.
4. Meanwhile, cut off dark outsides of poundcake with a bread knife, then slice into cubes. Set aside.
5. Prepare pudding according to package.
6. At this point, you can cover everything and assemble the next day, or continue and put together the trifle!
7. Combine heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla. Beat until cream forms stiff peaks. (Use a cold metal bowl to make this process go faster!)
8. Cover bottom of trifle dish with cake cubes. Spoon berries over cubes. Next, add pudding, then repeat until dish is nearly full.
9. Top with fresh whipped cream. Arrange berries into a pretty design. Sprinkle sweetened cocoa powder on top.
You've just created a beautiful and easy dessert!