Woahmigosh. I haven't had Monkey Bread in years! Even though it's not something that I made, I think it's of utmost importance that I share this with you.
You WILL need a Bundt or angel food pan to make this work right.
Might I add: this is perfect for Easter Brunch dessert. And it doesn't even take very long!
Prepare to share this recipe if you take it anywhere to share. That is, if the monkey bread even makes it out of your house!
You will need:
3 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuits
3/4 c. sugar
3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 c. margarine
additional 3/4 c. sugar
- Mix together 3/4 cup sugar and cinnamon.
- Quarter the biscuits with kitchen shears. Dip shears in water after each cut to keep the biscuits from getting too sticky. Dip biscuits into sugar mixture, and place in a greased tube pan. Do this until all biscuits are used.
- Melt butter or margarine, and mix in 3/4 cup sugar. Pour mixture over biscuits.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degrees C) oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- After cooling for a bit, place serving plate over pan and then flip.
- Stand around and enjoy, it's called monkey bread because you pick at it to eat it!
Thanks to allrecipes.com :)