You will need:
1 box Whole Wheat pasta
1 lb uncooked shrimp (I like to get mine from the seafood dept the day of)
3 cloves garlic, minced (or more if you're me!)
1 large shallot, chopped (they're by the onions, if you can't find 'em, you can use a small red onion)
1/4c. dry white wine (I like using Sauv. Blanc for this recipe)
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp olive oil
Bag of asparagus (in the fresh food isle, steam-in-the bag kind!!!)
1/2 pint Grape or Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
Zest of 1 lemon (I normally just use a cheese grater lightly)
dash salt & pepper to taste
1. Chop everything first! Everything goes really fast after that...
2. Start your pasta water. (Add pasta when water boils, of course)
3. Heat butter and olive oil in a large saucepan on medium heat.
4. Heat bag o' asparagus in the microwave for 2 minutes (the bag will say 3 min.)
5. Once butter is melted, add lemon zest, chopped shallot and garlic and heat through. (a couple minutes)
6. Add shrimp and white wine. Sprinkle salt and cracked pepper to taste.
7. Get asparagus out, cut into 1" pieces. Throw away woody ends, if necessary.
8. Shrimp are ready when they turn pink. (*Don't overcook! If shrimp start looking more like an "O" than a "C" they are starting to overcook).
9. Add tomatoes and asparagus. Heat through.
10. Your pasta should be done, or close to done!
11. Add everything together.
12. Serve & Enjoy! :)
(Let me know if you have any questions!) I tend to actually not write down the recipes.
Really, the real trick here is using ingredients that YOU like to eat. Cooking is like an experiment! A yummy, yummy experiment.