I LOVE sweet potato fries, by the way. I get them EVERY time a restaurant offers them. (Cafe Hollander has some of the best.) But there's gotta be a healthier way... Baking it is!
Spicy things make you drink more water while eating, which makes you feel more full.
Voila! My sweet potato wedges were born.
(I enjoyed them with BBQ Salmon and wilted spinach, shown here)
You will need:
Big Sweet potato
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Cut sweet potato into wedges. I got 16 pieces from mine. It was ginormous. (Be careful, uncooked sweet potatoes are tough to cut!)
3. In a bowl, toss wedges with EVOO, just enough to coat.
4. Sprinkle in seasonings: about a teaspoon of each will do. Use more or less to taste.
5. Toss wedges making sure the seasonings have coated each piece.
6. Arrange on baking sheet, and bake for 10 minutes.
7. Turn down heat to 350 degrees. Bake another 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them. Sweet potatoes burn easily.
8. Let cool, or they're burn your mouth!
9. Pair with your favorite protein. Sooo delish!
Serves 2 Sweet Potato Lovers